produced by ARC
- Buy the DVD directly from ARC in person at one of our meetings or from one of the Umstattds to save the shipping costs
- Mail $10 per DVD + $3 shipping for 1-3 DVDs, $6 for 4-6 DVDs, and so forth, payable to the Austin Rhetoric Club.
|95 minute DVD: Introduction to Debate, Analysis of the Team Policy Debate Round, May 2006 (ARC-1.2-TPD.DVD).
- Actual Region IV Tournament debate round between ARC’s 2 national ’06 debate teams
- Moderated by 2004-6 Club President, Cynthia Umstattd
- Team Justin Louis / David Umstattd, 5 state Region IV, 4th place
- Team Monica Calderon / Brisa Calderon, 5 state Region IV, 9th place
- These 4 debaters and club president discuss goals and strategies before and after each speech in the team policy debate round
- Ending with deleted scene and many entertaining out takes, alone worth the price of DVD!
|74 minute DVD, the Benefits of Speech and Debate, July 2006 (ARC-8.1-BSD.DVD)
- Thomas Umstattd, Jr., co-founder of ARC, 50 minute motivational talk about the benefits of speech and debate with Questions and Answers from the audience
- Paul Hastings, 1st Place (tie) in USA in AWANA Competition & Semi-finalist nationally at NCFCA delivers a 10 minute inspirational open interpretation of the Book of Daniel
- David Umstattd spoofs a 10 minute “A Humorous Look at My First Debate” that he took to the national tournament in 2004.
|74 minute DVD: Sharing the Gospel a “how to” about Open Air Preaching & Sharing Our Faith in Jesus, June 2006 (ARC-6.1-OAP.DVD)
- Thomas Umstattd, Jr. 35 minute teaching on what, where, why and how to share the gospel
- Cynthia Umstattd’s 10 minute motivational persuasive speech: “Wake-up” (and warn the lost before it is too late) won 1st Place in Texas & national semi-finalist
- David Umstattd’s 10 minute provoking national semi-final persuasive, “False Conversion”
- Thomas Umstattd, Jr. delivers an example of open air preaching on the cornerstone of the Lincoln Monument, Washington, DC, immediately followed by 1-on-1 faith sharing.
All proceeds go to the Austin Rhetoric Club