Recommended Textbooks for ARC
If you have not already done so, order your Red Book (for LD) or Blue Books (for TP) as soon as possible.
ARC has copies of Christie Shipe, Thane Rend, and Rachel Welch and Brittany McGehee’s books. And maybe purchased at club meetings.
- As you read the great literature, poems, prose, novels and other books, in your regular home school curriculum, consider how you might be able to reduce these into a 10 minute competitive interpretive speech or performance.
- Made to Stick, by Chip and Dan Heath. Required reading. >>Order from Amazon
- An Introduction to Argumentation and Debate, by Christie Shipe’s. >> Order. (8/9/10: The Umstattds currently have some available. Contact them for details. 512-338-1422)
- As I Was Saying, by Thane Rend, our Individual Event (IE) textbook. >> Order It is the 5th item down on that page. Cost is $19.00 plus shipping. (8/9/10: The Umstattds currently have some available. Contact them for details. 512-338-1422)
- The Blue Book. Training Minds Ministry>> Order for $40.00
- Lincoln Douglas Value Debate – Student’s Edition, by Rachel Welch & Brittany McGehee (8/24/10: The Umstattds currently have some available. Contact them for details. 512-338-1422) >> Order
- The Red Book Lincoln Douglas Debate, by Kim Anderson >> Order
- For those interested in Extemporaneous Speaking, our textbook is:
THE EXTEMPORANEOUS HANDBOOK. by Anna Crowson, $10.
>> PDF Order Form
- An Essential Guide to Public Speaking: Serving Your Audience with Faith, Skill and Virtue by Quentin Schultze, published by Baker Academic, 2006 ISBN # – 978-0-8010-3151-9
- A Pocket Guide to Public Speaking, 3rd Edition
by Dan O’Hair, Hannah Rubenstein, Rob Stewart, published by Bedford/St Martin’s, 2010
ISBN # – 10: 0-312-55404-4
- The 2012-2013 Tools for Debate
Team Policy Club Edition is ideal for coaches and club leaders. The Team Policy and Lincoln Douglas Home Training editions are recommended for individual debate families. All editions are packed with NCFCA resolution-specific drills and quizzes…and a FREE affirmative case!
Order online at www.dfwspeechdebate.com
- Take notes, for the rest of the semester of our Sunday sermons from our respective churches. Many of you do this already, great!
All proceeds go to the Austin Rhetoric Club.